This recipe is for people who like Whole Grain Hummus. As you know, most Hummus that you buy from the supermarket or Hummus Restaurant is made of Chick-peas that are blended into a paste with a Hummus Blender. If you are looking for a commercial HUmmus Machine Blender check the Hummus Pro.
Ingredients of Whole Grain Hummus Recipe:
- 1 Lbs of dry Chick-peas
- 4 grams Baking Soda
- 2-3 garlic clove chopped fine
- 1/2 a Jalapeno chopped fine (optional)
- 1 gram of salt
- Chopped Parsley (a pinch of Parsley)
- Tahini – See Easy Tahini Recipe
Procedure for Making Whole Grain Hummus:
- The first step to making Hummus is soaking the chickpeas. Canned Chickpeas are to be avoided at all costs. You are sacrificing the flavor and integrity of Hummus by using canned chickpeas Soak the Chick-peas overnight. The level of water should exceed 3-4 inches above the Chickpea level.
- The next day drains the water and put the Chick-peas in a large boiling pot. Cover the Chick-peas in freshwater. Add baking soda to the pot and boil the Chick-peas. For every Kilo (2.4lbs) of Chick-peas add 10 grams of baking soda.
- Once the Chick-peas boil you will notice a white foam, do not discard this foam as this is where most of the flavor comes from. Keep in stirring the Chick-peas. After about an hour the Chick-peas should be done for this recipe. If you want to make Traditional Hummus keep boiling the Chick-peas further. We will have another recipe for the real deal Jerusalem Street Hummus.
- This stage your Tahini Sauce should be ready. For a full description of how to make the Tahini Sauce please visit Easy Tahini Recipe.
- Finishing your dish. Drain the Chick-peas, put them in a serving bowl, add Tahini Sauce, fresh chopped garlic, parsley. Mix all the ingredients well. Add olive oil and enjoy. To make this recipe spicy add fresh chopped hot peppers.
- This Whole Grain Hummus is enjoyed with a fresh Pita for dipping. If you are looking for a Pita Oven for your Restaurant click here.